Visiting Fellowships Programme
The Visiting Fellowships Programme at TMCD is aimed at post-doctoral scholars and professional academics researching critical issues of technology and management for development faced by public and private policymakers worldwide. We encourage enquires from those who are researching topics strongly relevant to our current research projects. Admission to the Visiting Fellowship Programme is competitive and TMCD accepts two visiting scholars every year. All the applications will be reviewed and approved by the Oxford Department of International Development Affiliation Committee. As a visiting fellow, you will work in the TMCD office alongside our researchers and participate in our centre's events. Visiting Fellows will be provided with office space. They will also have access to the University’s academic facilities, including libraries, seminars, language laboratories and computer training courses. The fee is £1200 per term. Please note that we do not accept visiting students.
The two places for the 2017/2018 academic year have been awarded. We welcome enquires for 2018/2019.
To begin your application, please address an email of enquiry to TMCD tmcd (at) qeh.ox.ac.uk with the following:
- Subject line: Visiting Fellowship Enquiry - [Your name]
- Brief description of your background/research interests and how it is relevant to TMCD
The Application will involve:
- A cover letter of the application
- Curriculum Vitae, including international English test score (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS)
- A research proposal (3-5 pages)
- Two papers authored by you or mainly by you
- Names and email addresses of two referees
- Other supporting material, e.g. in case you have assured funds for your visit, a confirmation letter from the relevant authority.
For those not intending to stay the entire academic year, we can arrange for visits on a termly basis. We accept applications in Dec-Jan for autumn start, and in Aug-Sept for winter visits.